- 1pkg Maple Leaf® Original Natural Bacon, diced
- 6medium yellow potatoes, peeled, cooked and mashed and kept warm
- 2cups cabbage, sliced
- 1small onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼cup cream
- ¼tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large non-stick pan until crispy. Using a slotted spoon remove onto a paper towel lined plate. Pour out all but 1 tbsp of bacon drippings from pan.
- Heat drippings over medium-high heat and add cabbage and onions. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until vegetables have softened and have started to brown.
- Pour cream and add butter to a large pot and gently heat until warmed through. Add mashed potatoes, vegetable mixture and all but 3 tbsp of cooked bacon. Mix well with a rubber spatula.
- Season to taste. Spoon potatoes onto a serving platter and top with reserved bacon.
This is an excellent recipe to “batch up” just simply double all the ingredients. Fantastic as a side dish for any meal and super tasty to add to your St Patrick’s day dinner!