- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scoop seeds out of squash to create a well. Carefully cut off a small slice of the skin side of the squash to anchor them and prevent them from tipping over. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil onto squash cut side up. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, rice, feta, cranberries and remaining tbsp of olive oil. Stir well to combine. Divide mixture into the well of each squash.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until squash is cooked through and tender when pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.
This dish can be served as an impressive simple entertaining meal. Take an extra step and garnish with toasted pine nuts and a sprig of thyme.