- 2Maple Leaf Prime RWA Boneless Skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1heaping cup multicolored peppers, thinly sliced
- ½cup red onion thinly sliced
- 2tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1tbsp chili powder
- 2cups tex mex cheese, shredded
- 8corn tostada, prepared
- Juice ½ lime
- 1large avocado, diced
- Sour cream optional
- Salsa optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and add half the vegetable oil, chili powder and lime juice. Toss well to coat.
- Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes turning frequently until starting to brown.
- Add onions and peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more until vegetables have started to soften and caramelize and chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Arrange tostadas side by side onto prepared baking sheet and divide and sprinkle cheese evenly over top. Place onto center rack of oven for about 2 minutes until cheese has just melted and remove from oven.
- Assemble tostada by dividing warm fajita mix onto each tostada followed by diced avocado and top with salsa and sour cream if using. Serve immediately.
Round out your meal and serve with
Mexican style rice. Need some inspiration? Try a caprese style
tostada by using Maple Leaf chicken
and in place of veggies use shredded
lettuce, fresh Pico De Gallo and
pearl bocconcini cheese!