- 1pkg Maple Leaf Prime® Raised Without Antibiotics Ground Chicken
- 3tbsp chopped shallots
- 2tsp ginger, minced
- 1tsp garlic, minced
- 1tsp soya sauce
- ½tsp fish sauce
- 2tbsp thai basil or basil, minced
- 2tbsp green onion, minced
- 1tsp sugar
- 1tbsp jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4sesame seed buns, split and grilled
- ½cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1cup carrot ribbons
- ¼of small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp honey
- 1 ½tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 8tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1tbsp sriracha sauce or sambal
- Garnish: 4 cucumber ribbons
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Mix all the ingredients for the burger together.
- Hand form them into 4 equal burger patties.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached.
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine all the ingredients for the slaw. Toss well to coat. Make slaw just before serving so the cabbage does not bleed into the whole salad discoloring it.
- Divide and spread spicy mayo onto the base of each bun followed by chicken burger, slaw, cucumber ribbon and top of bun. Serve immediately.
Place burgers in freezer once formed into patties for about 15 minutes. This helps to work with them better as mixture tends to be sticky.
*Complete the meal – serve with coconut scented jasmine rice or kettle chips.